Laurent- Perrier Afternoon Tea at The Cavendish Restaurant, Chatsworth House – a Birthday treat from the Mr … he’s a star and I’m very lucky.
He says he never known anybody my age get so giddy about Birthdays…I’m not sure what he’s getting at. I mean doesn’t everybody wake up at 5.30am on their birthday excited about the day ahead?
mmmmmm yes usually the under 5 year olds!
I love my Afternoon Tea.
I love champagne.
I love my mum … so it was the perfect way to spend the afternoon.
The Mr unfortunately had to work, so couldn’t make it, much to my disappointment. O.k so I was a-bit mardy…and I should know better. In my 45th year I really must think more about what my face does and what my mouth says!
On a positive note I could never lie to you…it would be written all over my face. Expressive my mum calls it. Rubbish I say.
So back to the afternoon tea – Cucumber and cream cheese finger sandwiches , scones with clotted cream and jam, Bakewell Cheesecake…plus 3 champagnes to taste… WHATS NOT TO LOVE?
Here’s a list of the full shebang.
(I’ve told you before I’m a little pig… this proves it. We devoured the lot!)
Laurent-Perrier Champagne afternoon tea
- A trio of Laurent-Perrier Champagnes: Brut non vintage Champagne, Cuvée Rosé Champagne and Demi-sec non vintage Champagne
- Salmon Gravlax and potato terrine, horseradish cream
- Homemade dainty sandwiches: roasted ham and tomato chutney, smoked salmon and dill mayonnaise, cucumber and cream cheese and free range egg mayonnaise and cress
- Freshly baked basil scented scone with strawberry preserve and Devonshire clotted cream.
- Dessert: Lemon and thyme short bread biscuit, Chocolate and almond Battenberg, Bakewell cheese cake, Classic chocolate and marshmallow tea cake, Passion fruit and vanilla gateaux
- Biscuit rose de Reims (You dunk this in your champagne..like a Hob Nob ,only posher!)
£40 per person
We arrived early (I’m never late, mardy occasionally but late… Never). So we had a mooch around the shops.
Christmas carols playing, the smell of festive pot-pourri filling the air (burnt orange and fig) with gifts galore , we practically danced around the shop, working up an appetite.
I’ll let my pictures do all the talking…but you can be rest-assured it was delicious.
Taken on my new camera – Olympus Pen Lite E-PL7. (another birthday present)
I’m really impressed so far. Its a great little camera and also looks fabulous. It has a retro feel to it and isn’t big and bulky.
I HAD A GRAND BIRTHDAY – There is something very special about mum and daughter time.
There is also something very civilised about afternoon tea – despite leaving ever so slightly squiffy after several glasses of champagne and stuffed to busted!
Oh well – It’s my birthday I’m allowed.
To enquire or make a booking click HERE there are several afternoon teas to choose with prices starting at £19.50
Tonight I get to play with another one of my presents – the Clarisonic Aria. I’ve been hankering after one of these for ages. Like I said I’ve been very lucky .
I will report back – hopefully it won’t be too harsh and leave me looking like Elephant Man come Christmas Day!!
45 you’ve been a good year so far…