I’m excited to share with you a skin-care product I’ve been using for the past month. It only launched today and I’ve been keeping ‘her’ identity firmly under wraps!
I feel so privileged to have been given this opportunity… anybody who knows me knows I’m skincare obsessed and just LOVE trying something new. [They also know I can’t hold my own water so keeping this under wraps has been a little victory to me! ]
It maybe my history of living with bad skin in the past that led me down this path. The constant search for products and treatments that deliver better skin … who knows ? but it’s one I enjoy pursuing.
So without further ado let me introduce you to … [drum roll ]
Super Luxe Serum by Temple Spa – 30ml
“Trufflelixir has been designed to support the skin at every level giving lustre and luminosity. It also plumps the skin, addressing fine lines as well as those tell-tale signs of a well lived life. Bottled radiance indeed.
A targeted, high performance serum that provides immediate ,short , and long term results.”
- Encapsulated Retinol – allows a controlled release over a prolonged period of time. It helps improve the condition of rough and dry skin. It aids skin elasticity and stimulates collagen formation, improving the look and feel of the skin.
- Swertia Chirata Stem Cell Extract – an ultra-high tech ingredient that is used in Indian medicine for its healing properties. The ingredient helps to comfort and hydrate the skin, improving the skin barrier. It smoothes skin and blurs the appearance of vertical wrinkles in seven days.
- Blackcurrant Extract – has free radical scavenging, antioxidant and anti-blotch properties. The leaf is also allotted soothing, purifying and astringent virtues. Given these properties, it is considered an efficient anti-ageing active ingredient.
- Hyaluronic acid – strong moisturising & lifting properties to help preserve suppleness, elasticity and tone, retaining youthful and healthy skin.
- Black Orchid Extract – helps to protect sensitive skin from environmental factors, including free radicals which can accelerate the ageing process.
- Gold & Silk Actives – silk peptide is conjugated with very fine gold. Reduces free radicals, protects against oxidative skin stress, and is moisturising.
- Black Summer Truffles – Brightens skin tone, firms and smoothens.
- Diamond Illuminating Powder – a technologically advanced soft-focus powder with diamond core that increases luminosity. Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, discolorations, pigmentations and age spots by both emitting and scattering blue and green light to emulate the light reflection patterns of young skin. Helps lift dull, tired looking skin.
- Champagne extract – contains fruit acids for a gentle exfoliation and aids cellular renewal.
- Marine Exopolysaccharide Skin Lifting Agent – tightens the skin, leading to immediate smoothing and anti- wrinkle effects. Collagen and elastin boosting action. Smoothing effect within 15 minutes and lasts for over 6 hours. Wrinkle filling, comfort and suppleness. It diminishes the appearance of crow’s feet.
- Black Diamond – far rarer than the colourless variety, black diamonds contain inclusions which provide their captivating appearance. They help to improve the appearance of skin complexion.
WHY DO I NEED A SERUM?
So first off … if you are new to serums or unsure why you need to incorporate them into your skincare routine ; here’s a few reasons why you may need to start using one:
Face serums are lightweight moisturizers that penetrate deeper to deliver active ingredients into your skin.
Unlike a moisturiser, serums have a lipid-soluble base which allows the active ingredients to penetrate into the epidermis instead of lying on the surface. Applying highly-concentrated doses directly to your skin makes them great for targeting specific concerns – wrinkles, brightness, hydration or acne.
Used regularly a serum can give your skin a firmer, smoother texture, make pores appear smaller and increase moisture levels.
Before I go any further I touched on my bad skin earlier ; something I feel I should expand on… just so you know where I’m coming from.
I [unfortunately] had a bout of acne in my early 20’s which lasted a few years and has left me with some light scarring on my jaw line and cheeks.
I’m not overly wrinkly , I guess that’s the one plus of having oily skin, but I do have some wrinkles. I have to remember that I am 47 and this is inevitable. It is mainly my frown lines that ‘bug’ me; that could do with some attention .
I still get occasional breakouts but nothing like I used to experience.
So with that in mind here are my thoughts on Trufflelixir after a 4 week trail.
Keeping in line with the rest of the Truffle range the packaging is dark bronze almost black with gold writing. It’s simple and sexy looking [ in so much as a bottle can look sexy] It looks high end and very stylish sat on my bathroom cabinet.
It’s got a pump action dispenser so you get just enough product without any mess or more importantly waste. At £75.00 for 30ml this is imperative.
You may think whooaaa that’s expensive but you’ll find that generally serums are the costliest product in many skin care lines. This is because active ingredients found in serums are more expensive than thickeners generally found in moisturisers.
HOW TO USE:
After cleansing and toning but before moisturiser I applied 2 pumps of Trufflelixir all over my face and neck; a little goes a long way . I concentrated on my areas of concern. As I mentioned earlier these are my frown lines, scarring and my neck.
I let it sink in , which it does beautifully, before applying my usual moisturiser. If you have dry skin you will definitely need both [serum and moisturiser] as serums don’t tend to be very moisturising. Most of the fluid is eliminated from serums so what you’re left with is a high concentration of active ingredients.
However if like me you have more oily skin you may find that on some days you don’t need a moisturiser. It totally depends how your skin feels on that given day.
It’s worth mentioning that after some applications my skin felt quite tight but this is only a temporary feeling and one which sub-sided after a few minutes . I presume this is due to the inclusion of skin lifting ingredients. These give a smoothing effect to the skin after 15 minutes, something I did notice myself . My skin looked more plumped after the serum had had time to work and been applied for a good few minutes.
I used Trufflelixir both morning and evening along side my usual skincare routine. This usually consists of double cleansing , toner [ if I remembered ], moisturiser with SPF and eye-cream.
I derma roll and apply a deep cleansing mask at least once a week.
Trufflelixir didn’t break me out in any spots or a nasty rash which is a major plus for me, as so many products I try do !
Below : Updates on Instagram stories …
My skin definitely feels brighter and more radiant. So much softer to the touch.
My frown lines have softened. They are still there but are less obvious.
The main thing I’ve noticed is that my pores appear more refined; not so large and open. Although I don’t wear foundation I find my usual makeup – concealer, blusher and powder applies a lot easier and it stays put and looks fresh for longer.
The only [tiny] negative I can see is that due to the the design of the bottle you can’t actually see how much of the product is remaining. Therefore you may run out before you have the chance to re-order.
Overall I’m very impressed with Trufflelixir and would definitely repurchase.
It’s my imperfect skin , only better.
When your Boyfriend tells you your looking well you know your onto something good.
Until next time, Tracey x
To get your hands on a bottle of your own // HERE
* Trufflelixir was gifted to me by Temple Spa in return for an honest review. As always all thoughts and opinions are strictly my own *
* Photographs have not been filtered. Due to my Olympus Pen still being out of action – all photos where taken on my mobile *